Author : Amy Darcy
I’m a huge advocate for meals that are high in nutritional value and I think this is particularly important when it comes to your breakfast. Starting the day with a nutrient filled breakfast sets you up for a successful day because your body is fueled with what it needs to operate at its best. It also assists you to eat well the rest of the day because you’ve started the day with considering how your food is going to nourish and care for your body. This encourages a healthy mindset and relationship with food. Beyond the immediate positive effects though, the continual intake of foods filled with antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals will have long term health benefits by enhancing your inner health, reducing the risk of disease and improving your skin’s health. This simple blueberry smoothie bowl is one of my favourite breakfast recipes that helps boost energy and enhance your antioxidant intake.
ANTIOXIDANT BOOSTING BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE
Author: Amy Darcy
Recipe type: Breakfast
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 4 mins
A simple refreshing breakfast packed with the energy to get you through the day and antioxidants to keep your immune system working at its best and keep your skin glowing!
- 2 tsp Nutrimetics Super Reds Powder
- ½ can coconut milk
- ¼ cup pre-mixed coconut and almond milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 frozen bananas (peel & chop before you freeze).
- Choosen toppings: toasted muesli (low GI and low sugar options or try my granola recipe noted in the blog post above), goji berries, shredded coconut, toasted muesli, blueberries (I used frozen ones) and sunflower seeds or anything other fruits, nuts or seeds that take your fancy.
- Combine all ingredients together in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with desired toppings.
Serving size: 2
Read the full blog post by my favourite blogger, Eat Pray Workout here: